Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook 17t-K200
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have product number K2Z69AV. I dropped my laptop and cracked the screen. It is only 10 months old and still within the mfg warranty period. Will the warranty cover this? How can I find out and who do I send it to, if covered?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The answer is no. Not unless you are subscribed to ADP (Accidental Damage Plan) that HP offers. It includes liquid spillage, Accidental drops ets. Manufacturer warranty is for component replacements only but it doesn't include any customer induced damage.

This is the number that you should call. HP SUPPORT: 1800 474 6836. Give them you computer's serial and product number for them to create a ticket for you. State what happened to the computer so you could get a support immediately.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

The answer is no. Not unless you are subscribed to ADP (Accidental Damage Plan) that HP offers. It includes liquid spillage, Accidental drops ets. Manufacturer warranty is for component replacements only but it doesn't include any customer induced damage.

This is the number that you should call. HP SUPPORT: 1800 474 6836. Give them you computer's serial and product number for them to create a ticket for you. State what happened to the computer so you could get a support immediately.

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
Hi my I bought my daughter a hop laptop from argos December 2015 and her screens cracked is it covered
HP Recommended

@Lozzah123 wrote:
Hi my I bought my daughter a hop laptop from argos December 2015 and her screens cracked is it covered

Hi,

I beleieve third party vendors  such as bestbuy, costco etc offers only 14 days replacement for the laptop. After the replacement period your only option is to send it for repair to the manufacturer.

Hope it helps..

HP Recommended

I purchased the envy notebook a little over a year ago I took it home unpacked it fired it up configured it to my home network powered down closed lid wait for about one half hour came back in and the screen was cracked took it back to where I purchased it and they feed me the same BS that I didn't sign up for the ADP and that it was not covered so I took it to a hp repair shop had the screen replaced and did the same thing took it home plug it in turn it on checked my configuration was still correct shut it down left it came back in one in half hours open the lid and the screen was cracked again took it back the the hp repair center and they told me that it was working fine when it left the shop and for another $499.99 they would be more than happy to replace the screen again I boxed it up and have never used it again there is a problem with the frame of the notebook but neither the service repair shop or hp would replace the screen or exchange it out for a different model SO BE VERY AWARE OF THE ENVY NOTEBOOK

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.