Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've looked at the other thread detailing this and am suffering from the same issue- I am unable to turn set my NVIDIA graphics card as my main graphics card, and because of this I am unable to 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@fouray

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

To change the default switchable graphics settings in the Catalyst Control Center software, follow the steps below.

1. Click Start, type CCC in the Search field, and then select and open CCC from the search results list.

2. Click the Start logo in the lower-left corner.

On the Catalyst Control Center screen, click Power.

Figure: Catalyst Control Center - Home

Image of the Home screen with Power highlighted
  3. Then click Switchable Graphic Application Settings.

Figure: Catalyst Control Center showing the available Power settings

Image of the Home screen with Switchable Graphics highlighted
  4. Select a Recent Application and click Not Assigned (unless this has been altered before). Then choose either High performance, Power saving, or Based on the power source.

NOTE: To add an application not shown in the Recent Applications list, click Add Application.

Figure: Catalyst Control Center - Switchable Graphics Application Settings

Catalyst Control Center Switchable Graphics window
  5. Click Apply to save the new settings.

The changes take place immediately.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.