Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cs2xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I wish to adjust brightness and contrast settings for videos  in Nvidia Conrol panel.

However the display and video options are missing.

Can you suggest how I can restore them.

Regards

John Winney

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@EFLYNN, Welcome to HP Support Community!

You may want to install all available windows updates, as a patch may have been released by Microsoft to resolve such issues, if there are no new updates available, please use the below steps to reinstall the graphics card drivers from the device manager:

Step 1: Use Windows + X and select device manager.

Step 2: look for display adapters, and right click on the available display adapters, then select uninstall, when done, restart the computer.

Step 3: Update the graphics driver for your specific computer model.

For more information on updating drivers, please see HP support document Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers .

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS - Skip to Step 5: Adjust visual effects in Windows

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

After carried your considerable instructions the problem still remains,

The display and video options are still missing in NVidia Control panel.

Regards

EFLYNN

HP Recommended

@EFLYNN

Thanks for replying!

Follow the steps below-

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter. 

3) Right-click on the Display Adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.

4) Restart the computer. 

Try updating the computer - 

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Also, update the BIOS. Refer to the document HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS  for help.

Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.