Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook x360 435 G7 - 1Q2W3ES#ABD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi... 

My HP Probook x360 435 G7 - 1Q2W3ES#ABD Display, specified at 400nits only delivers around 270cd/m² at full brightness. I got suspicious because my second display which is rated at 350nits, is much brighter.  Measured: 358nits (cd/m²)... So my Color Spyder is working fine. 

Color accuracy  at 72% NTSC (~100% sRGB) is fine. 
Datasheet shows that all 72% NTSC screens should have 400nits brightness.

Al power savings modes are off.
AMD Vari Bright turned off. 

Is there a hidden setting somewhere I´m missing?
Is my screen faulty or maybe the specs cheating?

I really need to clarify this. 

Thanks. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Edited:

IMPORTANT note: VESA Display HDR Test does only show standard 270nits for almost every display!
It is not a verified method to check the nits value.

But my colorimeter does correct values:

Colorimeter Ergebnis (2).jpg

HP Recommended

I don't know if my comment really helps, but had a similar issue, which kind of was related to powersaving. It was always dimmed. I tried to configure it via Windows, but this didn't help. After some research and deepdive I found out there's also a switch in the gfx driver. So if you open the Radeon software, there should also be an option for the brightness. This was the issue in my example - maybe it's worth a look for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.