Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Workstation G7 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The brightness on my laptop is stuck at this level.

RobM2021_0-1610131290562.png

I cannot increase it whether I press <fn +F4> or move the brightness slider in Windows settings. Nothing works.

In fact, when I set the brightness all the way to the maximum on Windows the brightness on the screen does not change:

RobM2021_1-1610131430184.png

How can I resolve this?

Thank you!

Rob

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @RobM2021,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

A specific product name or product number is required. Examples include:

• HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0028ca or 5MT98UA#ABL
  • HP ENVY x360 - 15-dr0042nb or 6EL70EA#UUG
  • HP Notebook - 17-by0003na or 4AP04EA#ABU
  • OMEN by HP 15-dc1030nr or 6FE64UA#ABA
  • HP EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook PC or 3JX11EA#ABU

Information on how to find a laptop's product name or product number is detailed in this HP document. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Community. The difference between a product number and a serial number is that the product number contains a # sign)

HP ZBook Workstation G7 Laptop is too broad as there are several different types of HP Zbook G7s.

Without explicitly providing the driver since I don't know the exact product, I would suggest going to your computer's Software and Drivers support page on HP's website and installing the latest graphics driver for your device and restarting. This usually solves the issue.

Kind regards,

Edward

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Hi, As requested the product number is:  9UY36AV

Look forward to your reply.

HP Recommended

Hi, Hope you saw my response to your questions?

HP Recommended

Sorry, for some reason I didn't get the initial notification.

Try installing this:

Intel Video Driver and Control Panel

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp105501-106000/sp105567.exe

On the note of graphics drivers, you can choose to install your discrete graphics card drivers from this page as well.

If the problem still exists after installing the Intel driver, go to Device Manager, expand Display adapters, right-click the Intel integrated graphics adapter and select Uninstall. Then restart the device.

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.