Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-cs3005nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I've bought Pavilion 15-cs3005nq a couple of days ago, I've installed all the drivers and it shows 6-bit instead of 8-bit 

color depth. Why is that? If I rollback the driver, it shows 8-bit.

My old laptop had 8-bit.  

Screenshot_1.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Blindu37 Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
  2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
  3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under Output color depth.
  4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Also, check out this related post for more details: click here

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! I don't have that option. I checked and seems like the panel is only 6 bit native. 

It's a bit strange, given the orice and the specs. 

HP Recommended

@Blindu37 Yes, I'm afraid it is what it is, let me know if you need me to help you with anything else,

And have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.