Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY x360 15-ed1001na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using a HDMI 2.0 cable with my monitor which supports 2560x1440 at 144hz and works completely fine with my desktop computer (which has a GTX 960). However, using the same cable on the HDMI 2.0 port on this laptop, the frame rate is capped at 60hz for both 1080p and 1440p. In the intel graphics centre, I can see that 2560 x 1440 at 144hz is one of the supported modes (https://imgur.com/a/UFffMT2), it's just that it doesn't let me select any frame other than 60hz in the actual settings. I have gone through the advanced display settings -> list all modes page on Windows Settings as well and the highest frame rate selectable is still 60hz. On the monitor side, I have a HDMI 2.0 port, HDMI 1.4 port and DisplayPort 1.2 .  Strangely, if I switch to the HDMI 1.4 port on my monitor (or downgrade the capability of the 2.0 port to 1.4 through the monitor's OSD settings), the frame rate for 1440p now goes up to 75hz and for 1080p, 120hz. But as it's HDMI 1.4, 144hz at 1440p is no longer shown under the list of supported modes on the intel graphics centre.

I haven't yet tried using a USB C to DP 1.2 cable to connect my laptop to the monitor. But as these cables are quite expensive, I don't want to buy one without knowing if it'll work (i.e. support 144hz at 1440p). Any help or info is greatly appreciated 🙂

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@NazarFedorych, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologize for the issue with the display. We understand it's a new notebook lets try a few troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Also, Uninstall the graphics driver from the device manager and install the latest drivers and BIOS from the links below.

Link to update the BIOS.

Also, update the graphics driver using this link.

You can try updating the drivers on your PC using an HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistants.

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.