Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 15.6 inch G9 Notebook PC (4D3W7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,
I suddenly can no longer connect displays to my laptop via the USB-C port.

Previously, I connected various screens to my laptop via the USB-C port using a docking station or a Display Port to USB-C adapter.

I removed the adapter and tried to reconnect it to the laptop after a restart 3 hours later, but suddenly got an error message saying that the device could not be connected properly via the DisplayPort. The problems have persisted since then.

Today I tried to connect screens to my laptop via a docking station. Here the screens are not recognized at all. However, all other devices connected to the docking station (mouse, keyboard) work and the laptop also charges. An LED on the connection cable normally lights up when the displays are connected. It also does not light up.

I have tried to connect other displays to my laptop, but there are always problems with my DisplayPort.

On the same day as the problem occurred, I did a major Windows update. I don't know if this has any influence on the problem.

To solve the problem, I have already updated all drivers and uninstalled the USB controllers via the device manager. I have also restarted several times and checked the USB-C port by accessing the BIOS but all tests passed. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After I browsed the community for a bit I just restarted my laptop by pressing the power button for 30 seconds.

That solved the issue. 

So if the USB-C port itself works but no screens are connecting try this. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

After I browsed the community for a bit I just restarted my laptop by pressing the power button for 30 seconds.

That solved the issue. 

So if the USB-C port itself works but no screens are connecting try this. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.