Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Does HP Envy support dual monitors above 1080P through USB-C

HP Recommended
Envy 13-aq0011ms
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Can the envy 13-aq0011ms support dual monitors connected thru a USB-C adaptor, with 1 monitor at 1200p and another at 2k? I have tried a few different docks and am unable to get my 2k monitor to display at 2k when the 1200p monitor is also attached to the dock (the 2k monitor will only show at 1080p). The 2k monitor supports both HDMI and DP,  while the 1200p monitor supports DP and DVI. Currently I connect the 1200p through DVI with an HDMI adaptor and use an HDMI cable for the 2k monitor.

1 REPLY 1
Level 19
Level 19
88,713 88,599 11,328 24,324
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Shmuey 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06308307

It has  1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge) port.

With only 5Gb/s signal rate, you are asking too much. Please note: refresh rate goes up resolution will go down and vise versa.

Natively, you should be able to connect to 2 FHD monitors.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation