Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 13 x360 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I bought a Bamboo Ink Stylus for my HP Pavilion 13 because it had a touchscreen and I wanted to use it with OneNote, but after many days of trying to set up the stylus, I can't get the writing to work. The buttons work fine (Single Click, Double Click, Click and Hold) and adapt to the setting in the Pen and Ink Category so I would think it knows that the connected device is a stylus. But no matter what I do I still can't get it to work. What I have tried so far is holding down the two buttons on the pen to switch to MPP mode, restarted, tried to update HID Pen drivers, and finally download a driver loader from the Wacom Bamboo Ink Site. Every time I try to install the driver it says that no tablet is found, which I assume means an external touchpad for the stylus but I don't have one. In the end, I wondered if the Bamboo Ink Stylus was even compatible with my device but I can't find any information on it anywhere and it seems like their only selling Pavilion 14s and 15s now, so I can't check. Any help would be appreciated. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ComputerEric 

The pen you purchased is likely not supported, though you can certainly check the 'net and see if anyone has had success with your computer model and that stylus.   

At this writing, two models in the HP Pavilion X360 13 models series are supported with an Active Stylus.

The models and supported pens are included in the Compatibility document.

Find a Stylus for your computer

First, find the computer's exact Model name:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Active Stylus - Compatibility Document

Search the document for a compatible stylus and find additional information about stylus support.

HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

• If there is an HP Active Stylus available for your model, it should be included in the document.
  • If you are unsure of the model series, click open the appropriate category (Consumer or Business class systems), peruse the list to find supported models.
  • Pen(s) compatible with your computer are marked with a “checkmark” to the right of your computer model, in the column(s) under the Pen name / description(s).
  • Additional information can sometimes be found in Advisory Documents for your computer.
  • The document is updated as new information becomes available.

Partial Excerpt - At this writing, support includes two Pavilion x360 13" models

Consumer computers compatible with HP pens and styluses

See the following table to determine which pen or stylus to use with your particular notebook model.
note:
If a PC model is not listed in the table, a compatible active pen/stylus is not available for that model. The tables are updated regularly with compatible pens and models. Older computers are not compatible with newer pens.
Model name
HP Active Pen (Synaptics)

J4R51AA (CAN/ENG, APJ)

SPS: 773175-001
HP Active Stylus (Wacom)

T5E12AA (CAN/ENG, APJ)

SPS: 834590-001
HP Pro Tablet Active Pen (Synaptics)

K8P73AA

SPS: 798051-001

HP Pavilion x360 13-s0xx
 ☑️

☑️
HP Pavilion x360 13-s1xx
☑️

☑️

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ComputerEric 

The pen you purchased is likely not supported, though you can certainly check the 'net and see if anyone has had success with your computer model and that stylus.   

At this writing, two models in the HP Pavilion X360 13 models series are supported with an Active Stylus.

The models and supported pens are included in the Compatibility document.

Find a Stylus for your computer

First, find the computer's exact Model name:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Active Stylus - Compatibility Document

Search the document for a compatible stylus and find additional information about stylus support.

HP PCs - Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

• If there is an HP Active Stylus available for your model, it should be included in the document.
  • If you are unsure of the model series, click open the appropriate category (Consumer or Business class systems), peruse the list to find supported models.
  • Pen(s) compatible with your computer are marked with a “checkmark” to the right of your computer model, in the column(s) under the Pen name / description(s).
  • Additional information can sometimes be found in Advisory Documents for your computer.
  • The document is updated as new information becomes available.

Partial Excerpt - At this writing, support includes two Pavilion x360 13" models

Consumer computers compatible with HP pens and styluses

See the following table to determine which pen or stylus to use with your particular notebook model.
note:
If a PC model is not listed in the table, a compatible active pen/stylus is not available for that model. The tables are updated regularly with compatible pens and models. Older computers are not compatible with newer pens.
Model name
HP Active Pen (Synaptics)

J4R51AA (CAN/ENG, APJ)

SPS: 773175-001
HP Active Stylus (Wacom)

T5E12AA (CAN/ENG, APJ)

SPS: 834590-001
HP Pro Tablet Active Pen (Synaptics)

K8P73AA

SPS: 798051-001

HP Pavilion x360 13-s0xx
 ☑️

☑️
HP Pavilion x360 13-s1xx
☑️

☑️

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for finding that! 😄 It seems that the brand of stylus I got doesn't work with the computer but other kinds do! Again, thank you a lot. 🙂

HP Recommended

@ComputerEric 

You are welcome.

Good luck.

Some stylus pens do require a driver.  Generally, if this is the case, the pen driver will be listed at your computer's Website Support pages in the Software and Drivers category.

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

When the website support page opens, Select a Category

If you have additional questions, you can start a new thread and ask for help. 

Remember to include your exact computer model for best results.

Happy Computing.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.