Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 15-nOO4tx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Respected sir, I am using HP pavilion 15-nOO4tx model laptop. But when I was install VGA graphics driver, my sleep mode is not working. When I close d lid laptop goes to sleep mode and its not come again. I need to restart to open my laptop. But if I was uninstall VGA driver then sleep mode is working well. I think I could not able to find proper driver. So please give me the proper driver downloading link of the Normal VGA driver and AMD radon graphics card driver. I will be grateful on you. Thanx
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sauravjyoti

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @sauravjyoti,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for the First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having issues with your HP notebook does not wake up from sleep mode if you install VGA graphics drivers. Don't worry as I have a few steps to help you get through this concern,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you made any hardware or software changes on the PC before the issue started?

When was the last time it worked (date)?

Have you tried to run the updates for the drivers?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook

Let's try to uninstall the drivers from Device manager and then install the drivers from our HP support website, using this link. If the issue persists you could also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website.

Here is the link. To know more about the graphics drivers, please look for the HP Pavilion 15-n004tx Notebook PC - Product Specifications

You could also try to update the Bios and Chipset drivers from our HP Support website.

 Change what the power buttons-LID do: 

You can save power by specifying what the computer does when you close the lid or when you press the power button. 

• Depending on the setting you specify, pressing the power button causes the computer to do one of the following: Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut down. 

• Depending on the setting you specify, closing the lid causes the computer to do one of the following: Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut down. 

Use the following steps to change power button and lid settings: 

1. At the Start screen, type power options to open the Search charm. Select Power Options in the Search results. 

2. In the left pane, click Choose what the power buttons do or Choose what closing the lid does. 

3. To change settings for the power button, click the arrow next to When I press the power button, select the setting you wish to use, and then click Save changes. 

4. To change the lid closure setting, click When I close the lid, select the setting you wish to use, and then click Save changes. 

To learn more about the power options: Click here 

For Sleep mode - does not wake up

Please follow the below steps: 

Step 1: Enabling the Keyboard in Windows 

Skip this step if the computer does not enter sleep mode or if the computer wakes unexpectedly. 

Follow these steps to enable your keyboard to wake your computer from sleep mode: 

1. In Windows, search for and open the Device Manager. 

2. Click the arrow next to Keyboards and double-click the name of your keyboard. 

3. If the Power Management tab is available, proceed to the next step. 

If the Power Management tab is not available, click the Change Settings button if it appears below the Device status box. The same Keyboard Properties window opens with the Power Management tab available. 

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. 

1. Click the Power Management tab and make sure that the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer is checked. 

2. Click OK, and then test to make sure that the keyboard can now wake the computer. If the computer still cannot wake from sleep mode, continue using these steps. 

3. For instructions on how to update the BIOS of your computer, see one of the following HP support documents: Updating the BIOS (Notebooks) 

For more steps, please click here 

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Ok thnx for your valuable information. Lets try. I will inform you once I got solution.
HP Recommended

Hi @sauravjyoti,

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sir, Very sad to say problem was not solved. If I install normal Intel VGA driver, then my sleep is working well. If i install AMD graphics card driver then sleep mode is not working. That means after install AMD driver, my default windows power settings is not working. Sir there is any settings in under Amd graphics that i can turn off Amd power settings and after that I can use Windows default power settings??
HP Recommended

Hi @sauravjyoti,

Thanks for the update,

As I understand sleep works if you install normal intel VGA drivers, but the problem occurs if you install the AMD graphics drivers. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should you to resolve this issue,

Let's first change the settings for the automatic update to manual and then install the normal VGA drivers and check if it works.

Alternatively, you can try to install the latest AMD graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website, using this link.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I did everything & problem was not solved. I install latest amd driver from both the website(ie. HP official website & AMD official website). But after installing amd graphics driver sleep mode is not working (Dead sleep mode). I think there is a problem with Windows 8.1.
Windows8.1 is not compatible with latest amd driver.
HP Recommended

Hi @sauravjyoti,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

I recommend you to perform a recovery on the computer and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link to perform recovery.

http://hp.care/2ogmP3i

Let me know how it goes and you have a good day ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Sir, Finally I got the solutions. I uninstall windows 8.1 and install Windows 7 OS.And now there is no issue with sleep mode. Thnx.
HP Recommended

@sauravjyoti

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad you found the solution you were looking for. 

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.