Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15z-cw100 CTO
Microsoft Windows 11

In the last week, my ELAN Clickpad (driver 21.2.27.1) on my HP Pavilion started glitching, but inconsistently, and I haven't yet been able to figure out what causes it. First, my 2-finger scrolling would randomly stop working, but now it acts often like the touchpad is stuck clicked, and moving my mouse pointer around with 1 finger selects everything. Usually I can still do a left-click though that's about it, not right-click or gestures, but at times it won't even left-click. So far, I can still always move the pointer, though. Even when I hover over an X to close a window, it doesn't turn red - doesn't recognize the hover.

For a while, opening Task Manager would temporarily normalize the mouse. As it worsened, I tried disabling and re-enabling scrolling and other clickpad settings, hitting Esc, toggling the ALT key, restarting (of course), updating the driver never finds a new update (even in Windows Update, and there are no optional updates), stop and enabling the device. Yesterday, I even uninstalled the ClickPad and let Windows re-add it, but in a few hours it was glitching again. HP won't let me access any drivers for Windows 11 and only to use Windows, but Windows doesn't find any other driver. I'd rather roll back to an old driver, but I can't find one to roll back to. It's possible there's a physical problem with the touchpad because it seems like at times I can't even push it to click, let alone tap to click, which is normally what I do. Today, even restarting doesn't fix it, so I'm completely stumped. Dell and Lenovo have drivers available to download, but I figure those won't be compatible.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, advice, helps. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.