Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 850 G8 Notebook PC (1G1Y0AV)

Hello,

I use the HP Elitebook 850 G8 as my work laptop. I use this laptop with the G5 docking station. Prior to April 2022, I utilized two external monitors via the G5 docking station. One HP monitor was connected to the HDMI input of the docking station with an HDMI to HDMI cable, and the second ASUS monitor was connected to the DisplayPort input of the docking station with a DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable. 

Sometime in April 2022, an update took place and my docking station has not been able to detect any external monitors, either from the HDMI or DisplayPort input, since then. The issue seems to be something to do with the docking station because both monitors work successfully if the HDMI cable is connected directly to the laptop's HDMI input, but the laptop cannot detect any external monitors if they are connected via the docking station.

I have tried new HDMI and DisplayPort cables for each monitor, VGA to HDMI cables, VGA to DisplayPort cables, updating the drivers and installing the most recent BIOS update and none of these actions have resolved the issue. I also attempted a workaround issue posted in a forum that detailed turning off your PC, disconnecting the dock, pressing F6 and the power button for 20 seconds, start your PC back up and reconnect the dock, but this did not work for me either.

Can you please advise how to resolve this issue so I can utilize 2 external monitors with my laptop without any issues?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mpm2622 

The Elitebook 850 G8 series is fully compatible with the following 2 docks

• Supports maximum of three independent displays when on the HP USB-C Dock G5; Max resolution = 4 K @ 30 Hz (DisplayPort 1 and DisplayPort 2)
  • Supports maximum of three independent displays when on the HP Thunderbolt™ Dock 120 W G2 (through USB-C); Max resolution = 4 K @ 30 Hz (DisplayPort 1 and DisplayPort 2)

My suggestion : update drivers/firmware and software from the following link

https://support.hp.com/au-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-850-g8-notebook-pc/38226197

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.