cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
snaky
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Elitebook G6 with USB-C Universal Dock, screen resolution issue, extended Desktop

HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G6 6XE55EA

Hallo, I am struggling with my my 2 monitors (HP Z27i)  to get the correct resolution 2560x1440px.
Specs from Notebook and dock are clear; 2 displays with up to 4096x2160 are supported but I get only once 2560x1440px and once 1920x1080 on these monitors if I activate extended desktop.

Clone desktop is fine but not wished or usable at all

I ordered new displays, both 3840x1440px which I want to connect, as specs are telling me its supported. Therefore I replaced the notebook and dock, spent a lot of $$ and now even the old screens are not working correctly.

What do I need  to do?

Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
banhien
Level 20
Level 20
98,854 37,896 12,840 27,088
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@snaky 

What is your USB-C Universal Dock ? It says 2 displays with up to 4096x2160 (that means for BOTH, not EACH). Now you get 2560 x 1440 and 1920 x 1080 you can work out the math.

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
snaky
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your answer!

Here is the documentaton: http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04168358&doctype=quickspecs&doclang=EN_US&sea...

Page 4, Dual Display: (2) 2.5k Displays, on any of the 2 ports -> That means to me that 2 displays with 2.5k can be connected and are working in recommended resolution.

- > Maybe HP should mention how this table content is meant,  would help a lot!

Sidenote: On the old slim dock the 2 displays are working correct, so its not a limitation of the graphic card.

Concerning my upcoming new displays, both 3440 x 1440, will they work on the old slim dock, or what dock I need to take that they show the correct resolution? (Extended desktop, not clone)

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation