Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre 13 Ultrabook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

it's impossible to use the touchoad since cursor disappear after short time, sometimes "stuck" in right upper corner, flashing like it's gone crazy or out of sync and then you cant open new apps since its closing automatically - weird weird behavior of the cursor touchpad!!!!!. Does not recall such issues on win 8,1 (before upgrade to 10). I tried tons of changing config touchpad settings - nothing really helps. It seems there is some big issue here that needs to be resolved by HP. I really tried all settings / old drivers and all that stuff...nothing helps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Thebenzinator

Thank you for replying with the details,

If the computer is within the warranty, they should be able to either repair or replace the defective parts, however, the computer will remain the same.

All we need to do now is wait until you get the computer back from HP repair center and everything should be taken care off.

Let me know if you need any further assistance,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Jus to make clear - im with latest updates from microsoft and from hp support assistant.

HP Recommended

@Thebenzinator
Thank you for joining HP Forums. 
I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand the touchpad moves and clicks on its own causing issues around the desktop screen,
don't worry as I will be able to help you out:

Check the Mouse options under control panel:

Start → Control Panel → Mouse → Buttons tab.
Check the box labeled "Use MS Office compatible scroll only."
Also, check the box below labeled "Scroll in active window only."

Attempt using an alternate/external mouse.

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers for your mouse:

Go to the Device Manager and select your mouse. Uninstall it and then restart your computer. During restart, your mouse driver will automatically be reinstalled.

• 1.   Click on Start and type ‘Device Manager’.
  • 2.   Click Device Manager.
  • 3.   Click + sign next to Mouse.
  • 4.   Right-click on mouse entry and choose "uninstall".
  • 5.   Restart your computer.

If the laptop is Touch compatible: Please reinstall the touch screen drivers and Keep me posted for further assistance.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.
If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi,

thanks for your quick reply. There are no such checkbox in mouse bottuns tab (see screenshot).

I tried reinstalling the touch screen driver (HID complient touch screen from human interface devices) - didn't help.

see screenshot of the issue - see the circle in right upper screen - its flashing and take by force the cursor to it like a black hole... making almost impossible to continue working. BTW, it happened to me also with regular external mouse on this laptop. I do believe as you hinted it got to do with touchscreen somehow as it didnt happen to me on my desktop with same sw...

IMG-20161018-WA0021.jpg

mouse.png

HP Recommended

@Thebenzinator

Thank you for replying,

I'm unable to view the images,

I suggest you check if you have the circle showing up on the BIOS screen (access by tapping on the F10 key while restarting the pc).
As that would confirm if this is a hardware or a software failure.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
i do see the images in the post...
This flashing circle on right upper corner does not appear on bios. it might not also appear on the windows desktop for few minutes or more but suddenly it can happen for example (when i took the screenshot) it happened after i opened chrome..its sw issue probably.but if i will get new laptop to try for few days i will know for sure...is it possible i am the only user that encounter this? if so it might be hw issue afterall.
HP Recommended

@Thebenzinator

Thank you for replying,

I recommend you to leave the computer in BIOS under observation for a few hours to confirm if the circle appears as that would confirm if it's either a hardware or a software issue,

If the issue doesn't occur on BIOS, we can work on reinstalling the graphics card drivers as its most probably a software issue.

Let me know how that pans out,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi

no issue on bios screen as you asked. Once i rebooted into windows within 1 minute i got the flashing cursor after i opened the notification bar

HP Recommended

@Thebenzinator

Thank you for replying,

I recommend you wait on BIOS as i mentioned earlier for a few hours (to be more specific, I'd say for about 5-6hrs)
If the issue doesn't occur, reinstall the drivers as mentioned in the last post.

You could also run a hardware test on the graphics card using the Hardware diagnostics tool

Keep me posted,

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
reverted back to factory defaults (win 8.1). same issue. 100% its HW issue as i didnt have it before on same sw. its touchscreen press hw issue which moves the cursor to it as if you pressed it. and its always same spot on screen. the reason you cant see it in bios since if you press the screen no cursor and no press highlight in any case not meaning its not there! you just cant notice. So i will send my laptor for the lab.probably need to replace the touchscreen part if that feasible to do...
thanks for help.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.