cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Extend to another monitor from spectre x360 with type C port to VGA

HP Recommended
Spectre x 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need to extend my laptop to another monitor. My laptop is a Spectre x360 so it doesnt have a HDMI port, only a type C port, so I bought an extension from type C to VGA, but my laptop doesnt detect the other monitor

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,218 86,103 10,946 23,510
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NMunoz 

What is your Spectre x 360  ? And what is your monitor ? Please use the following way to find out the model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Reggards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The laptop is a HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-ap0xxx, product no. 4WT85UA#ABA and the monitor is a HP LV1911, product no. A5V72A

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
86,218 86,103 10,946 23,510
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@NMunoz 

Your machine is a modern notebook HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0023dx, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06182131

and your monitor is an ancient monitor, its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c03305458

Your computer only supports digital signals out and your monitor only supports analog signals in.  Therefore you need a proper converter from digital to analog. What is your converter ? It is the culprit.

I have not tested any cable/converter from USB-C/Thunderbolt™ 3 to VGA because they are very expensive, no point to buy  them the throw away, buy new monitor instead.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation