Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use extended desktop, using an HP USB-C to HDMI adaptor and then HDMI to monitor.  (Also HP, as it happens.)

Recently I've lost the ability to use Extended desktop after waking up from sleep.  Single screen on laptop or external monitor works, cloned screens work, but when I try extended the other screen comes on and at first glance looks OK, but I can't interact with it.  (Although it does show the mouse cursor.)

Changing screen setup in Windows or Intel Graphics Control Panel doesn't fix it, nor does unplugging and replugging the USB-C to HDMI.  Reboot does fix it, but that's a pain to do regularly.  Any thoughts on what I can do?

As I type this I'm installing Windows Feature update 1903 - Perhaps that will fix it.

I'll post back with results.  Thanks,  Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've updated to W10 1903 and installed a firmware update with the HP Support Assistant.  Now MS updates and HPSA are 100% updated.

A quick test after sleeping and hibernating suggests the problem is resolved, but if not, I'll post back.

R.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I've updated to W10 1903 and installed a firmware update with the HP Support Assistant.  Now MS updates and HPSA are 100% updated.

A quick test after sleeping and hibernating suggests the problem is resolved, but if not, I'll post back.

R.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.