Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP e271i
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I cant connect my MacBookPro (2017) to my HP e271i display, because my laptop doesnt recognize the display. I got an adapter for display port to hdmi and the hdmi cable to the usb-c Digital AV multiport adapter but nothing works. The Mac recognizes the keyboard from HP, but not the monitor.

I tried different cables but nothing helped yet.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

You probably need an Apple brand adapter for the connection  between the Mac and the display. 

If you are using other than an Apple brand, check at the manufacturer website for product firmware updates.

Help on your issue at Apple support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I already got an official apple adapter for the connection

HP Recommended

I plugged the keyboard into the multiadapter from apple, it gets recognized and works fine

HP Recommended

So I am at a loss to understand what the issue is, if the display is working, unless it worked after using my suggestion or what the Apple support document said.

Please elaborate.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.