Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. Dock was working perfectly for 5 months, then stopped working after the latest Windows update.

HP support adamant it's a hardware issue, or something wrong with my Spectre. They even sent me a new dock, but same problem. Support now wants me to re-install my OS! 

Ridiculously poor service.

HP Recommended

I share your frustration. I do not think it is a hardware problem - it looks like a firmware problem with the HP Thunderbolt 3 docks. The last firmware upgrade I did resolve several issues but not all of them. HP is harming their image by not treating this issue with the right priority. Customer trust is hard to win but easy to lose.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem - Z-book with Thunderbolt Dock G2 230W. My display is HP EliteDisplay E232.

But in manual of a Docking station I found the following:

Monitors connected to the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 don’t wake from a sleep state or on a hot plug with HP display:
Some HP Displays have a known issue waking from a “Low power" state. To work around this issue you can change the
option to “Always Active” on the On-Screen-Display Menu
1. Open the On-Screen-Display menu on the monitor
2. Select the menu option
3. Select “Input Control”
4. Select “DP Hot-Plug Detection”
5. Select the “Always active” option and save

May be displays from another brands have similar option in Menu. 

I just changed it, after one hour i will understand if it works 😉

HP Recommended

Hi Meglen and thanks for taking the time to respond. I am using a touch DELL monitor and I assumed that by OSD Menu you refer to the menu on the terminal that appears when I press one of its keys. I did not find DP Hot Plug Detection menu option so I cannot try it. I am not sure it is the issue as I found that the monitor usually awakes if I wait long enough time. It may indeed be hardware issue (like a wakeup signal calibration issue) but the fact is that many people have it and I have yet to see an authoritative explanation to this.

HP Recommended

I also have the same problem. I have an Acer Swift 3 (sf314-57) laptop with two Samsung Syncmaster displays. The displays are connected to the dock using a DP-DVI cable, but I have tried connecting to two newer Acer monitors with DisplayPort inputs, and it still have the same problem with the monitors not waking up even though i use DP-DP cables in that case.

I have only had the dock for a couple of weeks, so I dont know if the issue is new. Have installed all the latest BIOS, Windows Updates, and the newest Intel Iris Plus graphics drivers. The dock have been updated with the latest firmware also.

At the moment, I am re-plugging the cable every time the computer have gone to sleep. I'd rather live with the issue though than letting the computer run 24/7 without going to sleep mode, but it is quite annoying. I have tried another Thunderbolt 3 dock (Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Dock Plus), and it actually have this exact same issue, leading me to believe that this may be a Intel Iris Plus driver issue for me. The Belkin dock have a couple of other more critical issues as well, so this HP one is better for me.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Just noticed on the G2 support page that a new firmware is available (1.0.63.1 Rev.A)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-thunderbolt-dock/20075223/model/20075224

It's written as available since july 2020. (However I'm pretty sure I checked in late august and it was not there).

Anyway : did you guys have a chance to upgrade and check weither or not it fixed our common issue ? (At the time I don't have the dock with me - but will be able to check by tomorrow).

The changelog only shows 2 fixes apparently not related to our issue... but who knows...

Interesting enough to see that there was 6 months between the 2 releases (clearly confirming if needed that our issue is not taken in consideration by the HP team...)

HP Recommended

Hi,

This new update did not fix the issue. After weeks of dealing with HP support, I finally gave in and reinstalled my OS. This did fix the problem, only for it to go wrong again as soon as Windows updated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.