Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg0170nb
Microsoft Windows 11

I have a HP Pavilion Laptop 15-eg0170nb It is updated to Windows 11. The laptop has 1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate supposed to be usable for USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge. I connected it to my external display via a Mokin usb-C hub but the display is not detected (whereas the same display is detected if I connect it via HDMI). The Mokin hub is well detected for keypad, mouse, ethernet, etc. I checked for driver updates via Windows advanced update, tried to unplug/plug, reboot, etc. What should I do next??? Thank you for your help. Cedric

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi@Ced82,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps that should fix the issue.

1. Update the BIOS
  2. Intel® Driver & Support Assistant  the Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics, drivers 
  3. Windows Update.  

Please share the USB C dock model number,

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

HP Recommended

Pretty sure there are many, many Pavilion (and possibly other) models that HP has incorrectly listed as having Displayport on via USB-C.  I just bought one today that appears to fit in that category.  As good as my Spectre x360 was, I think I'm done with HP over this kind of stuff, which is all too common with them.

HP Recommended

Hello @praveenbv

Thank you for your answer.

I applied the 3 steps you recommended but, unfortunately, it does not solved any thing. I even get back to Windows 10 and reapply your 3 steps, and nothing was solved.

How could I check that it is an USB displayport that is really installed?  I change my laptop to have this facility to switch the screens with my professional laptop. It is critical that it works.

The model is a Mokin MUC3306 (12 in 1 adapter)

Thank you for the follow up!

Cedric

HP Recommended

Hi@Ced82,

The said combination is not tested by HP. So, the functionality is not guaranteed.

https://www.displaylink.com/products/universal-docking-stations

or try following HP docks

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.