Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Samsung 2350. Installed the Samsung drivers even.

I have tried both a digital cable connected to a Belkin adaptor to Mini usb, and a VGA cable with a VGA to HDMI, and I can't get the spectre to recognise either port with the external monitor connected.

All HP latest drivers have been updated.

Any resolve to this annoying issue, which is usually not an issue for most laptops.

ps Monitor works with my high end Sony laptop.

Please advise.

Just tried the Mini USB port again for the 4th time, this time it worked.

All good.

HP Recommended

I have a new laptop with a HDMI connection to an external monitor. When the monitor is turned off, it shows up in the Display form on the PC with all the expecterd settings. As soon as I turn the monitor on, it disappears from the form, and cannot be detected. My point is that the HDMI cable is connecting to the laptop evidenced by the change in behavior, but the monitor never indicates a signal (when on).

Next, I connected my PC to my TV. It worked fine as an extended display. Finally, I thought to look at my monitor's control buttons. Ah ha, a source button. One push and all was well. I expected my monitor to detect the source I was using - but it didn't. Just saying, you should check.

HP Recommended

After a bios update it appears my laptop has switched which usb-c it uses for external inputs. Both still work to power the latpop but only one works to connect my external display. Thanks for the tip. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.