1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Flickering issue on Mac Mini M1 connection with HP U28 4k HDR Monitor

HP Recommended
HP U28 4K HDR Monitor
Other

Hi!
A few days ago, I bought HP U28 4k HDR Monitor. I hooked it up to the Mac Mini M1. But I am having a flickering problem on the screen. There are tremors approximately a few times a minute. Like the glitch effect. I tried it with both HDMI and USB-C, the result is the same. This is very frustrating. Does anyone know why it can arise? I will return if there is no solution.
Sorry about my bad English.
Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
duchomeerco
2 2 0 1
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with MB Pro 13 i5 2019. Sorry for your problems but good to hear it's not just me.

HP - how to fix this?

0 Kudos
Unge
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The same happens to me. Already tried: Different MacBooks (M1, Macbook Pro i7, MacBook i5). Connected by USB-C , also tried in every combination with HDMI cable. 
Even with a connected iPad this affects happened.

So i have called HP support, make some photos and so on, Hardware Reset etc.
But now: They want that i connect a "Windows" Machine. This couldn't be!
Maybe some colleague from HP can comment it:
HP U28 is not compatible with Mac's ? Could it be? Or does you don't want to support Mac's? Or why i should connect a windows pc, so if it is not compatible with a Mac, please said it directly and even on the product page.

duchomeerco
2 2 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can cofirm they told me the same at HP support. Ridiculous! They told me this device officially doesn't support Mac and I should buy PC to use this. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation