Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 440 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!

I have problem with Fn lock function and Fn + Fxx functionality. Now Fn works in inverse manner and Fn lock not working at all. Changing BIOS settings has no effect.

Note: I'm upgraded my new notebook from preinstalled FreeDOS to my own copy of latest (1903) Windows 10 Pro. Then I've downloaded HP Support Assistant and installed all HP software including HP Hotkey Support (HP Inc. - 6.2.50.1).

UPD: For moderation: may this is wrong thread - could you move post to other place.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've found solution: it is latest BIOS 01.03.00 firmware problem. After rollback to 01.02.00 Fn lock begin works properly.

Seems HP QA  owe me pair beers 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I've found solution: it is latest BIOS 01.03.00 firmware problem. After rollback to 01.02.00 Fn lock begin works properly.

Seems HP QA  owe me pair beers 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you, it worked

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.