Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-dy1xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Community,

I'm having issues with my laptop monitor. It looks green, I can still use it but the monitor looks green and has vertical lines.

Please help me with a solution to this problem.

Regards,

Wilmar A

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@User_07012021

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, If the issue persists in the BIOS screen, which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Echo_Lake,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Here some comments on your questions:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues? Two weeks ago.
  • Have you updated Graphics and Chipset drivers? No I haven't.
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor? Yes, It works ok on an external monitor.

I accessed the BIOS and the issue persists.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

@User_07012021

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This seems like a hardware issue with the display assembly. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your computer. You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.