Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-bk064sa

Whenever using the camera, for either Skype or in the camera app, there is a green tint to the image output, the tint most strong around the edges of the image. 
I have disabled and enabled the camera drivers, I've uninstalled the drivers and installed them. I have also restarted the laptop many times and so far nothing has worked. The laptop is only about 6 weeks old. 
I've seen others with similar problems on various online forums, including this one. The webcam troubleshooting link that HP often provide is of no help with my problem. 
I was really hoping someone knew how to sort this issue out so that the camera looks as it should again??

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@CMillard27

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand there's a green tint on the camera,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Have you updated the BIOS and Chip-set drivers?

If you haven't, Please Click here to find and install it.

That said, if the issue persists, try the below steps:

While some degree of Green tint may be present under low light conditions, turning off the webcam IR lights will reduce and in certain cases eliminate the purple tint.

1. Select Start > All Programs > HP > HP MediaSmart > HP MediaSmart Webcam.

2. In HP MediaSmart Webcam, select Settings > Display > Advanced Settings, and then click the Camera Control tab.

3. Select the Low Light Compensation check box, and then click Apply.

4. Click OK.

NOTE:

Disabling the webcam IR lights will cause display images to appear darker in low and zero light conditions. The webcam IR lights are also available on other webcam programs. Refer to the software Help for additional information.

If adjusting the Low Light Compensation settings does not fix the green tint of the webcam please contact HP for further assistance..

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Keep me posted,

If I have answered your queries, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" button for my efforts to help you.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

MY HP LAPTOP HAS A BLUEISH GREEN TINT ON THE SIDES ALSO, IVE SEEN IN THE FORUMS TO LOWER THE IR SETTINGS OF THE CAMERA BUT I WASNT ABLE TO FIND IT IN ANY OF MY CAMERA'S SETTINGS.

HP Recommended

MY HP LAPTOP HAS A BLUEISH GREEN TINT ON THE SIDES ALSO, IVE SEEN IN THE FORUMS TO LOWER THE IR SETTINGS OF THE CAMERA BUT I WASNT ABLE TO FIND IT IN ANY OF MY CAMERA'S SETTINGS. ITS MAKES MY PLAIN WHITE PAINTED WALL LOOK DISCOLORED TO THE BLUEISH GREEN TINT

HP Recommended

Hi all, 

I have the same issue but cann't solve it. please help me. 

I did the same staps but nothing works. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.