Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook 15bc207TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

In recent days a malfunction has begun when I connect the computer to the TV using an HDMI cable, for some reason - the computer does not recognize the extra screen. (nothing happens)

I tried to change the cable, tried another TV, tried to uninstall the display drivers and install it back and updated my windows - none of the above worked.

Any suggestions what could be the problem?

(I don't even get that blue screen icons that says "1" and "2" in the display settings...)

display.png

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Saharml,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Let's try these steps here: 

I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and Graphics card drivers on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant. 

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Alternatively, you may follow the steps suggested in this support document for - HP PCs - Using Two or More Monitors with One Computer (Windows 10, 😎

I hope this information helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

I hope you have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So I've checked all the updates, the only thing that is not updated is the bios - and it has to do with a previous issue that made me go to this forum:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-notebook-system-bios-update-...

I was desperate and decided to leave it - but now it may be the solution to my problem.

The issue is - from some reason the update is not being installed. i tried to install it both manually and through the "HP support assistant" and none of them worked.
I followed exactly these instructions:

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c00042629

and i noticed that i never got to No. 16 in the instructions, after i clicked the "Restart now" button - the computer turned on without going to the "HP BIOS Update screen".

I also checked the "System information" for "BIOS Version / Date" and the update really was not installed.

What will you suggest to do?

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@Saharml,

Do you have BitLocker or any other security software installed on the computer? If yes, then disable it and then try installing the BIOS.

Also, download hardware diagnostics from the below link and install it and then try updating the BIOS.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't have a BitLocker or any other security software...

I have installed  the hardware diagnostics - then installed the BIOS update again and still- nothing.

any other suggestion?
(I also ren some of the hardware diagnostics tests and everything looks fine...)

HP Recommended

@Saharml,

I recommend you perform a system restore back to the date when everything was working fine.

Follow the steps in the below article to perform a system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I decided to try for the last time before i preform a system restore...and it did not end well.

I tried to install the bios update using a flash drive, step by step, and the update had failed.

The OS started normally and i used the laptop for several hours. later i turned it off and now when i'm trying to turn it on it won't start!

I press the power button - the light turns on - the fan makes noise - and it shut down immediately following a "click" noise - then turning on again - and off again... 

I can't even press esc or f2 (or any other f') - none of them work.

what it could be?

sorry for the mess...i really don't know what to do now =\

thanks.

update:

I tried to do a bios rollback like in this HP video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpiGUojtr3E

it did not worked. the light in the power button does stays on for a few more second then normally do when i'm holding Win+B but eventually turning off again - and nothing shows on the screen.

I've also tried to unplugged the hard drive (cause i noticed that where the clicking sound comes from) - and it did stop making this sound - but still - the computer turning on and off in this annoying loop...

(the OS is installed in a ssd drive - non related to the drive that makes the sound)

Please help me figure this out...the laptop is relatively new... 

In this video, you will see how to restore the BIOS on your HP computer. Many HP computers allow you to recover the last known working version of the BIOS from the hard drive in case of an issue. Follow the simple steps in this video to restore your BIOS with ease. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction ...
HP Recommended

This looks like a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Finally I was able to repair the BIOS and turn on the computer (I took out and returned the CMOS battery and installed the BIOS through flash drive).

Back to the original problem - The BIOS is now up to date, but the HDMI is still not working...

What would you suggest doing next?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.