Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15-ef0023dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I bought this machine in open-box condition a couple of months ago, and I just realized that the camera is not working. The camera screen does not show an image when the Camera app opens (though the app appears to launch successfully otherwise), and the following error code is generated when I try to take a picture:

0xA00F4292<PhotoCaptureStartTimeout>

I have tried restarting the computer, and uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, both to no avail. Any suggestions for remedies are appreciated. Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@josmil733

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have verified that all updates suggested by HPSA have been successfully installed, and I am also up to date in Windows Update. Nonetheless, the Camera application is generating the same error as before. Any further suggestions?

HP Recommended

@josmil733

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

If your webcam has stopped working after installing a new update, you should uninstall the update and roll back to the older version. You will have to open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Roll Back Driver button > select Yes on the next window. After that, you need to restart your PC to check whether it is working.

If you continue facing the issue, then make sure that the webcam enabled in the privacy settings.

• select the Start  button, select Settings  > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 
  • From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera.

If that doesn't work or there were no updates before the issue occurred, you might need to uninstall the webcam driver.

To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Uninstall Device button.

Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)

Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

1. Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
  2. Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
  3. Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No luck with any of these suggestions either. I will be taking the machine into Best Buy soon to see if they can help. Please withhold further suggestions until I report what they find. Thanks again for the input 🙂

HP Recommended

@josmil733

Keep us posted if you need further assistance

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.