Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I have a HP 2000 notebook it fell off my coffee table (no broken screen or chips/scratches on laptop) but clearly something on the inside happened as the clip on screen popped open where it open and  closes I just closed it and my laptop screen worked fine that day. the next day it went black then came on again and then screen went and stayed black this time. i used a flashlight and can still see its working. Even ran a scan it said it was fine.. lights on keyboard work aswell. I don't have money for  new laptop so i ordered a vga cord with hdmi on other end so I could plug it into my TV. The VGA to hdmi cord isn't working as nothing is showing on my TV . In display settings its not showing to connect to my TV at all do i need to try download something for it to work on my 2014 LG TV? Thanks..

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NorthislandLady 

If you open Display Settings and do NOT see two screens, that means Windows does not "see" the external screen and in that case, there is nothing you can do to utilize it.

My guess would be that the cable is not working properly, but there is no clear way to test that other than to try a different cable.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi thank you for yours reply I'll try a new cord. I have youtubed different ways to try and cast my laptop to my TV. I have a firestick and tried to connect that way off the laptop it says it does not support miscast? I can't find where to download it ? Do u have a link. Thank you !! 

HP Recommended

Miracast**

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.