Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 - 15m-bp111dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Purchased a brand new HP 24mh FHD Monitor - Computer Monitor with 23.8-Inch IPS Display (1080p) - Built-In Speakers and VESA Mounting. It displays a grey dotted vertical line in the middle of the screen. I am using HDMI - HDMI cable from my laptop  (HP Envy x360 - 15m-bp111dx) to the monitor. 

The graphics and the BIOS drivers are up to date and tried different HDMI cables. What would be the problem? 

Thanks, 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Haitham_Kanakri

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please enter the BIOS of your computer and let me know if you see the dotted grey line

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello KrazyToad, 

Can you provide a method of how to enter the BIOS? 

Thanks,

HP Recommended

Are you using this monitor with an HP computer? Since the computer BIOS configuration is different for each manufacturer

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.