Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 convertible 14m-ba0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought the HP Active Pen separately from my 2 in 1 laptop and it connected successfully via Bluetooth. The buttons work and bring up programs such as Windows Ink and OneNote but when it comes to writing or tapping with the pen, nothing happens. I've already tried calibrating the touch screen and sensitivity but still no luck. This is the exact product I bought: HP Active Stylus Digital Pen - T4Z24UT#ABA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Kaisanchez

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, HP Pen does not write.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Have you tried this pen on another computer?

Was it working fine earlier? 

If yes, were there any hardware/software changes made?

Please check the list if the pen is compatible with your notebook: Click Here.

If it is compatible, try creating a new user account on your HP Notebook and check if pen functions in a new account.

If the issue still persists, please contact our phone support.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Kaisanchez

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, HP Pen does not write.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

Have you tried this pen on another computer?

Was it working fine earlier? 

If yes, were there any hardware/software changes made?

Please check the list if the pen is compatible with your notebook: Click Here.

If it is compatible, try creating a new user account on your HP Notebook and check if pen functions in a new account.

If the issue still persists, please contact our phone support.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

* Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. Unfortunately the pen I purchased isn't listen as a compatible with the notebook I have. Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

@Kaisanchez,

I read the post. Thanks for the response. As @Flower_Bud is out for the day, I am responding on her behalf.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.