Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 11-k013cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. 

I purchased the Active Stylus J4R51AA#ABL that It says to be the official stylus for my Pavilion x360.

I was testing  the stylus in a real endurance, drawing and selecting menus and tools with it

to test its responsivity and accuracy. 

I saw somewhere on the Net that 2 in 1 Notebooks and tablets are not "THAT" perfect to draw,

but this stylus is between "good" and "pretty good". 

But I have to confess: I use a technique discovered by myself to photograph drawings in paper and transfer them 

to the Notebook, but some parts were drew with the stylus, and it is very fast to select and use tools, 

apply some advanced effects and I use the free software IrfanView. 

I used the stylus in sessions of 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 and even 9 hours in a day and my drawings may take between 5 days 

until one week and a half just to be coloured on IrfanView. 

So, the question is: the AAAA size baterry of my stylus has ran out of power?

I left the stylus fall/take a drop a little before it stops working. The fall height was 50cm (I measured it). I was lying on the couch with the Notebook (in stand mode) on my chest and the stylus was in my pocket. 

I don't think it hit the writing tip, but instead the opposite edge. 

I know these stuffs are fragile, but it seems to be made of aluminium and it's not guaranteed I'll never let it fall in its whole lifetime. 

It kept working 1 or 2 days after the accident. Now if I want to scratch something onscreen, I need to hold pressed 

the stylus for 5 seconds or more (on IrfanView) and it "may" scratch something with a distance of 1 cm 

between the cursor onscreen and the line being drawn. The line stops suddenly after 2 or 5 cm of writing. 

I know IrfanView is a buggy software, but I did and coloured several drawings with it, so I'm experienced with him. 

My Windows isn't upgrading since last week, but I finished a poster even in this condition. 

I'm grateful for any help.

So long. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@RV_Perim

My model uses the HP Pen 1CP24AV and I have dropped it before probably same or little higher distance. It still works. Not sure how long the AAAA battery should last but it couldn't hurt to try a new one. They are fairly available here even in pharmacy store's battery section.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing your stylus dropping experiences. 

Other stylus owners may find out this topic pretty useful due to the experiences of you and me. 

Oh yeah. *There*, this damned odd sized battery is easy to find...

But in the stinky Brazil, full of corruptive politicians and Lula - I rather "Lula-lau", a nickname for thief - it is not that simple. 

Sure, I'll take a look at it this week. My aunt that lives in NY know some friends that lives in São Paulo. Even if I purchase a one here nearby, they could send me a spare one. 

The stylus seems to be made of aluminium. It could take a bop one or other time. 

Or not? Am I doubly wrong? 

HP Recommended

I am not really sure of how much abuse the pen could take and survive. I'm sure if you dropped it on the tip it would probably definitely be damaged so I try to be more careful with mine now.

Good luck trying to find a suitable battery. Sometimes we take for granted how fortunate we are here in the US.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I changed the battery and you're done! It worked.

Still working, even after the drop, but it took only one drop until today.

This stylus is definitely not "suitable" or "accurate" to draw. It's just "good" to such.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.