Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Unknown

My new HP Chromebook fails to stream video on all apps except YouTube. (i.e. Xfinity-Stream, DigiEye)  The app opens and functions normally up to the point where it shows "Buffering", where it crashes back to the previous screen.  Is this a known problem and is there a way to fix it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @GaryWS,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Does the issue persist only with the app or with the browser too?

Try the steps recommended if the issue persists on a browser.

Only let Flash run on websites that you trust. Some websites might use Adobe Flash Player to harm your computer.

If you quit Chrome, your Flash settings won’t be saved. The next time you open Chrome, you’ll have to allow Flash again for any sites you added before.

When you visit a page you trust that has Flash content, click Click to enable Adobe Flash Player.
Click Allow.
The site needs Flash to work
If a website isn’t working, you might need to change your settings to allow Flash.

To the left of the web address, click Lock Lock or Info View site information.
At the bottom, click Site Settings.
In the new tab, to the right of "Flash," click the Down arrow Down arrow and then Allow.
Go back to the site and reload the page.

If the issue persists after trying the steps it certainly sounds like an issue with the Xfinity app, please contact Xfinity support for more assistance.

Refer this article from Google to know more information about flash issues. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@GaryWS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Check for any software updates available

1. At the bottom right, select the time.
  2. Select Settings Settings.
  3. Select Menu Menu and then About Chrome OS.
  4. Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll see which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook is using. 
  5. Select Check for Updates
  6. If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.

Install the Google Play Movies & TV extension and check if this works

1. Open Chrome Chrome.
  2. Go to Google Play Movies & TV in the Chrome Web Store.
  3. Click Add To Chrome and then Add app.
  4. To open the Google Play Movies & TV extension, click Launch App.

If this does not help, may have to reset the Chromebook to factory settings.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Google Play Movies and TV app works, but Xfinity Stream and   Digieye do not.  I tried a flush reset, but still no luck with either of them.  Seems odd that such a major distributor's software would fail to stream.  Where do I go from here?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi! @GaryWS,

Thanks for writing back to us.

Does the issue persist only with the app or with the browser too?

Try the steps recommended if the issue persists on a browser.

Only let Flash run on websites that you trust. Some websites might use Adobe Flash Player to harm your computer.

If you quit Chrome, your Flash settings won’t be saved. The next time you open Chrome, you’ll have to allow Flash again for any sites you added before.

When you visit a page you trust that has Flash content, click Click to enable Adobe Flash Player.
Click Allow.
The site needs Flash to work
If a website isn’t working, you might need to change your settings to allow Flash.

To the left of the web address, click Lock Lock or Info View site information.
At the bottom, click Site Settings.
In the new tab, to the right of "Flash," click the Down arrow Down arrow and then Allow.
Go back to the site and reload the page.

If the issue persists after trying the steps it certainly sounds like an issue with the Xfinity app, please contact Xfinity support for more assistance.

Refer this article from Google to know more information about flash issues. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After talking with HP and Xfinity Comcast upper-tier support, Comcast has communicated that the current version of Xfinity Stream does not work with Chromebooks.  They are working on the problem.  In the meantime, I have determined a workaround.  You can view Xfinity selections directly on the Chrome browser.  They are not as smooth and of lower resolution, but they do work full screen.

Someday, technical support will beat me to a solution, or workaround to my computer problem.  Not once in 40 years.  Oh well, I'll keep trying.  HAHA!

HP Recommended

@GaryWS

Glad to know you found a workaround. Since it is an application issue with Comcast, we will have to wait till they find a solution. Meanwhile, If you have any issues with HP products, Feel free to write to us.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.