Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
x360 1030 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have the issue that auto-rotate does not work on my x360.

I see the Rotation lock button in Sidebar panel (Win+A) and it is grayed out in laptop mode, but it is enabled in tablet mode.

I have it off and screen is not rotating.

I have latest drivers according to HP support Assistant.

I have Win 10 1903 x64 Enterprise.

Any idea? Thanks,

I spent many hours on troubleshooting this issue and also my motherboard has been replaced already two times.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

From the reading I've done to date, the 1903 update and sensor drivers aren't getting along well. This goes outside of just HP, have seen posts on Dell, Lenovo, etc. that have folding, semi-convertible tablet/laptops that won't auto-rotate screen when in tablet mode. So, until there's a recognition of this issue on Microsoft's (or Intel's) part, it is likely we'll have to settle for manual screen rotation when folded into "tent" mode, if portrait is desired, not too big a deal IMHO. 

I find it less than helpful to fix this trivial bug with a system reset, as several forum posters here have suggested. Also, there appears to be no "Display" item under Control Panel, so that suggestion appears moot, at least for my (latest) version of Win 10. 😞

HP Recommended

Check if its suddenly stop working then try restoring your windows to before the last update or driver update. 

HP Recommended

I have tried that, but even going ot oldest restore point on my PC does not help.

I have also installed fresh W10 1903, autorotate is not working with:

• Win Drivers included in W10 1903
  • updated WIn drivers from WIndows Update
  • neither with updated drivers from HP Support Assistant.

I have spent a few very late hours on this yesterday night.

Question is if it's HW (sensor malfunction, wrong motherboard replacement) or SW problem (driver, W10 1903 issue)?

And how to proof it?

I have also tried this registry modification (actually only SensorPressent was missing), but it only enables Rotation Lock button once in tablet mode.

SNAG-0002.png:

HP Recommended

I believe it would also be helpful if the Ctrl alt up Arrow buttons work which they don't on my Envy X-360 device. That way it wouldn't be more than a 3 button combo to flip the screen which would essentially solve this issue until a fix for the 1903 issue comes out.

HP Recommended

Where to get updater Intel Sensor HUb driver with W10 1903 support?

Latest driver does support only W10 1809 😞

SNAG-0306.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.