Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 745 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Moin guys,

I've read several articles by now but none actually fit my particular issue, so here's a new feed.

My company gave me a HP Elitebook 745 G6 for work and I'm trying to run a dual monitor setup with it, using the Dell Docking Station WD 19 or a simple USB-C to 2 HMDI adapter. The problem is, that every time I'm connecting both monitors (which are working perfectly fine as a dual monitor setup with the same docking station on my private laptop), one just stays black.

As a temporary fix, I tried to connect one monitor to the docking station and the othe one directly to the laptops HDMI Port and this worked. I mean yeah, this is a workaround, but it would be great to have all monitors running via the docking station, since it obivously HAS to be possible! Plus its a pity to have to change the HDMI Cable everytime I switch between private and work laptop.

According to the HP Support Assistant on the device, all drivers are up to date (at least there is no update shown).

I asked the IT dude in our company and he told me (and I quote): "The adapter/ Docking station I'm using does not have enaugh power for both monitors"

I've never heard of any adapter or docking station having "not enaugh power" to deliver signal to two monitors so I hope someone around here can help me out with that?

The Laptop came fresh out of a sealed HP delivery box but somehow the Company's IT managed to setup different users upfront allready and told me "everything is ready to go".So  personally I guess there are some driver not up to date even to the support Assistant (and IT dude) says different.... any suggestion on how to check that maybe? Or any other Ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Justus

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

The two external monitor are Full HD or higher resolution. 

745 G6 is able to manage 2 Full HD via USB-C ports as there are two video channels on the ports.

Bye 

HP Recommended

Moin,

its 2 Full HD Monitors 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.