Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Few minutes ago I check every version BIOS for HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 and in every version (1.05, 1.06 and 1.08) I don't find option about AMT.

What processor in Elitebook do you have? I've i5-7200u. 

HP Recommended

I can confirm after making this change on my laptop I'm now about to rotate my screen. Is HP going to release a BIOS update with a fix for this problem?

I like to leave my AMT disabled for security reasons

HP Recommended

@Backsy wrote:

I think i know how i got it fixed. There are lots of similar forum posts for other manufacturers of similar devices. One such noted that windows media feature pack is not installed by default on EU machines (windows version N) and that there are drivers that require it to be there. There is another area where it is not installed (windows version NK) by default but i dont know what it is. I installed that pack, restarted and reinstalled the Intel Sensor Hub Components Driver. After that i restarted and it started working.

Could someone try this out?
1) install windows media feature pack

2) restart
3) reinstall Inter sensor driver
4) restart

If you have reinstalled the driver before does not matter in this case if you did not have windows media feature pack installed. 

HP Recommended

@Backsy wrote:

@Backsy wrote:

I think i know how i got it fixed. There are lots of similar forum posts for other manufacturers of similar devices. One such noted that windows media feature pack is not installed by default on EU machines (windows version N) and that there are drivers that require it to be there. There is another area where it is not installed (windows version NK) by default but i dont know what it is. I installed that pack, restarted and reinstalled the Intel Sensor Hub Components Driver. After that i restarted and it started working.

Could someone try this out?
1) install windows media feature pack

2) restart
3) reinstall Inter sensor driver
4) restart

If you have reinstalled the driver before does not matter in this case if you did not have windows media feature pack installed. 

I try this solution few times with any drivers and don't work.

I think that I try everything - many drivers, instalation Windows from Recovery and clear instalation, change every version BIOS and nothing work. When I install clear instalation Windows 10 first edition I have 2 yellow triangle in HID Sensor Collection (code 10) and any drivers not work. After installation clear Creators Update and HP WIndows from Recovery I don't have yellow triangle but tablet mode doesn't work.

I have others HP  with tablet option (Spectre x360, Pavilion x360 and Spectre x2) and I haven't never problem with intalation system and I don't have never problem with tablet mode.

I think that I can't see option about AMT in BIOS because I don't have processor with vPro.

Yesterday I read test this laptop and in testing model tabet model doesn't work too. They don't think that this problem - they think that this model is so because they have new computer.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I dealt with this issue for more than 2 weeks with HP support.  It turns out that the AMT feature that some have referred to is only available on the "most expensive models," and even though I have the i7-7500, costing over 2000 EUR, this is apparently not good enough to get the vPro option on the processor making the rotation automatic.  

I claimed that HP is taking part in false advertising by claiming their computer works like a tablet.  However, HP support has claimed that you can still manually do all these things, so it meets all the promised features.  

The "solution" according to HP support is to manually change the computer to tablet mode and rotate the screen through the display settings.   If this is a common problem among these types of PCs, HP should let consumers know before we purchase.  

I am really quite upset about this, but it seems that HP does not seem to care and I cannot get my money back even though the computer does NOT work as advertised.  My only hope is that we can get a few of us together and go up against them in force.    

HP Recommended

I am not able to fix the issue yet.

1. Updated Intel Sesor Hub software

2. Checked Bios and therre is no  "Active Management (AMT)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.