Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy 13 (aq0003nh)

Hi Community,

I'm trying to get 2 monitors working with my Envy 13 (aq0003nh) through its USB C port using DP daisy-chain. I have a Dell P2419HC monitor connected to USB C, which is supposed to pass through video to another P2419H via DP daisy chain. This setup worked with an EliteBook 830 G5, but it does not work with my Envy 13.

The 2nd monitor identifies that it has a DP cable connected to it, but it does not receive any video signal. After roaming around the various Windows settings, updating all drivers/BIOS, browsing forums, I am starting to wonder whether daisy chaining (MST) is supported by this device at all. Given that its USB C supports DP 1.2, I would assume that it does, but my experiences have proven me wrong so far.

Is there anyone who can confidently confirm/deny if it supports daisy chaining?

Thanks

Szabolcs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@zsszabolcs 

I believe your machine is an HP ENVY - 13-aq0003nh . Its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06343548

which has one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge). This port does NOT support USB-C pass thru to have daisy chain monitor. It may support Alt mode (many machines don't support Alt mode).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@zsszabolcs 

I believe your machine is an HP ENVY - 13-aq0003nh . Its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06343548

which has one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort™ 1.2, HP Sleep and Charge). This port does NOT support USB-C pass thru to have daisy chain monitor. It may support Alt mode (many machines don't support Alt mode).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.