Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible Laptop PC 15-ed1000 IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

It was working fine a while back, but I don't know what's wrong with it. It's the pen that came with the laptop, and doesn't have any openings for manual battery change.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Gap5

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing issues with your pen. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

• May I know from when are you facing this issue?
  • Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?

After reviewing your post regarding the Active pen, I would suggest you to update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

I would recommend you install the latest HP Pen control: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80001-80500/sp80343.exe

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, uninstall the keyboard drivers from device manager and restart the computer.

• Please right-click on start>select device manager>Expand Keyboards>Right-click on the listed drivers and uninstall them. Then restart the computer and check again if the issue is fixed.
  • If it continues, please replace the stylus battery and check again if it gets resolved.
  • If it persists, please try to perform the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I've been facing the issue since I tried to use it shortly before the post was made. I've made no changes between the last time it worked several months ago and now. The driver changes did not work. I cannot find the way to change the battery on the pen, as the pen that came with the computer has no opening. How can I change it?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted in order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.