Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had bought the HP Envy 15 from my local Costco on 6/21/18 and everything works perfectly fine on my laptop and is a great laptop but on 1/15/19 the left hinge on my laptop broke while I was closing the laptop screen, which then resulted in the bottom left part of the screen to crack. I called HP and was told to send pictures of the screw that fell out from the hinge, and pictures of the screen where it is cracked. I sent the pictures through email and the HP worker told me there is nothing the warranty could cover because the damage is not a manufacturing issue, when in reality I did nothing wrong but tried to close my laptop. I need this laptop for my college and work and I cannot afford to pay the price they are asking for to repair the laptop although it is not even my fault and is clearly a manufacturing issue. I went on to do a little bit of research and sure enough, there were many, many other complaints of their HP Envy laptop’s hinge breaking through normal use. I am extremely upset with this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TD13

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TD13

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Same problem here. How can I get HP's attention? I have to pay 59 $ for them to pick up the phone, which I find rather unusual.

HP Recommended

Hey man!

Sorry you had to go through that same experience as me, I know how much it sucks, I tried calling them and they didn’t help at all until I posted on here. They replied to this message and were able to help sort me out. I didn’t have to pay anything to get it fixed, otherwise they were asking for ~$900... at that point you might as well get a whole new laptop. They messaged me and through email they helped me get the whole situation resolved for free, they sent me a box to ship my laptop in with proper instructions and I shipped it to them. They fixed it within a week or two I believe and sent it back and now the laptop is perfectly good and feels brand new again. If they don’t respond to you through this thread, I would tell you to start a new thread and then I am pretty positive that will catch their attention! I hope this helps! Keep me updated!

HP Recommended

@Vermont1

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.