Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy M7 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The hinge on my laptop suddenly broke for no reason and is pushing the screen up and out of place so it will no longer close properly.  The computer is just over two years old.  This is apparently a problem that HP has known about for many years which is aggravating.  This was an expensive 17" laptop that I did not want to replace yet.  Does anyone know if the company will stand by its product, or should I start shopping for a new computer with another brand?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Jane2027

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

The HP solution was to require me to give all of my information to them and then tell me they would replace the hinge for $345 dollars if I ship them my computer.  HP has known about their cheap hinges breaking for many years.  This is planned obsolescence.  If you think that you are getting a better product by buying the HP name, you may want to think again.  I will be leaving my reviews whenever and wherever possible.   I won't, however, be spending another grand on an HP computer or anything HP ever again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.