Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have to say this is the first time I have gotten help in searching for months of what was wrong with my brand new laptop! I found the little switch and presto it was back to working (right side on side near enter button on 10-key)!! Thank you, thank you!!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome - glad it was of help to you.

HP Recommended

I'm glad that you found the post about the switch.  Like the rest with this problem, I wonder how difficult it is for HP to add that  detail to the virtual assistant? Glad you've been able to resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

This is my first time posting please bear with me, I use an HP Envy x360 Convertible and after using a video conferencing app lost my integrated Camera, just kept getting a camera error message (Camera not found) I couldn't find it in the Device Manager or anywhere in my system (Windows 10). After trying every fix I could find on the internet to no avail I called Microsoft Support and turned my computer over to the Technician, who ran all sorts of Diagnostics, Updating Drivers ect.. ect.. all to no avail. The technician scheduled a call back from another tech dept. to further assist. This morning while waiting for the call back I discovered a switch on the side of my computer and what do you know it was a Camera Disable Switch, that I must have inadvertently moved to Disable. Upon setting the switch to enable the whole problem was solved and Camera and App are working fine. So maybe some are having the same difficulty and should just check the Switch.😮

HP Recommended

THANK YOU DIFITTRO!!! You are so right. I've been trying to fix this problem for hours with countless tutorials and finally came across your message. Sure enough, all I had to do was flip that tiny switch on the right side of the computer. Please make a youtube video so that will show up first on the list of fixes

HP Recommended

Thank you sooo much! It was the switch! That was what was wrong! I can't thank you enough. I have wasted so much time on this and the thought of having to back everything up, reload windows and start over was giving me an anxiety attack. Bless you!!!! 

HP Recommended

OMG!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH!   I have spent hours and hours trying to fix my camera.  I wiped it clean and updated windows, spent 2 hours waiting on the phone to speak to support only for it to disconnect. WHY would no one mention the little switch??  That makes absolutely NO sense.  I am so happy I could cry.  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Thanks for this - my question is why doesn't HP when you go to devices on your computer and check your webcam settings have some kind of popup to tell you to check the button on the side of your laptop?  And I agree it should be in all FAQ's and virtual assistants.  

I never owned an HP before.  No other maker of laptops I have had, had a button on the computer to enable/disable the camera.

Without this help I would have spent another several hours on top of the 2 hours I spent yesterday trying to figure it out before probably paying someone to tell me about the button.

Thanks again

HP Recommended

I spent about 5 hours trying to figure this out with the virtual helper and reading the help hp gives you online. None of that helped then i came across this post and it solved all my problems. Thank you !!!

HP Recommended

I'm glad that you found the help you needed via my post. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.