Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a hp envy x360 15' touch screen laptop. It was working just fine but I recently came to India on a trip and all of a sudden the screen went blank and grey. I tried connecting external monitor and the display is perfectly fine on the monitor. The windows updated just last week. 

The screen sometimes comes back to display, but again goes dark. Please suggest me something. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Sidhant352,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with your HP Envy notebook screen going blank. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did this happen after a recent update?

Have you tried to update the drivers either using HP support assistant or using Windows update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and Graphics card drivers on your PC, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more assistance, please follow the steps suggested in the support document - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Sidhant352,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having issues with your HP Envy notebook screen going blank. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Did this happen after a recent update?

Have you tried to update the drivers either using HP support assistant or using Windows update?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: A power reset (or hard restart) clears all information from the computer's memory without erasing any personal data. Performing a power reset might fix conditions such as Windows not responding, a blank display, software freezing, keyboard stops responding, or other external devices locking up.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the Bios, Chipset and Graphics card drivers on your PC, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

For more assistance, please follow the steps suggested in the support document - HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 😎

Let me know if those steps worked for you.

If they did, that’s awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reinstalling drivers did the work. Thanks !!!!

HP Recommended

Hi @Sidhant352,

Thank you for the update,
I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.