Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360 15m-ed0013dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an employee whose HP Envy x360 15 m laptop that is about 5 months old. Recently I was advised that the laptop display would randomly appear "shaky" or distorted. Again, it happens randomly and it's not the entire screen. only some applications or part of the application appears this way.  I've ran all diagnostics and confirmed all drivers are up to date. I even attempted rolling back the display drivers to no avail. A simple reboot corrects it, however it does come back. If using an external monitor or remote access, it doesn't happen or you can't see it. 

Any thoughts on cause and solutions?

Had user capture pictures of it when it happens. Pictures included.

When updating Intel Graphics Driver.When updating Intel Graphics Driver.OutlookOutlook

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ABPRJH 

If, as you mention, these artifacts do not show on an external monitor, then the problem is the laptop screen, not the video chip.  Because if it was the chip, these artifacts would show on the monitor as well.

Unfortunately, the chip is soldered to the system board and is not replaceable -- the entire system board would need to be replaced.  You should be able to get this done under the warranty, but we can not approve that work.   You have to contact HP Customer Support yourself to arrange for the shipment and replacement.

USA/Canada HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ABPRJH 

If, as you mention, these artifacts do not show on an external monitor, then the problem is the laptop screen, not the video chip.  Because if it was the chip, these artifacts would show on the monitor as well.

Unfortunately, the chip is soldered to the system board and is not replaceable -- the entire system board would need to be replaced.  You should be able to get this done under the warranty, but we can not approve that work.   You have to contact HP Customer Support yourself to arrange for the shipment and replacement.

USA/Canada HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you! I will contact HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.