Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

thanks bro .. it did the job

HP Recommended

mkkkkkkkk

HP Recommended

I have the solution for camera error.

Just go to device manager and open webcame (fixed) and roll back it driver to previous driver.

This will work 100%.

Thanks

HP Recommended

bien

HP Recommended

@PeterGee2 wrote:

I had the same problem and discovered the solution the other day. Go here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03430151 and scroll down to the heading: Video does not display in your webcam software (such as YouCam, Skype, Messenger, etc.) Then, follow Step 3: Update or change the webcam driver

What you're going to be doing is changing the camera driver to the, Microsoft USB Video Device driver. This solved the problem.

bien

HP Recommended
I realize this thread is 3 years old but it was the first google hit and the advice here applied to an HP ProBook 4540s laptop. "HP HD Webcam [Fixed]" was initially working after Windows 7 was upgraded to Windows 10 but after one of Microsoft's perpetual patches it simply stopped working. I tried updating the driver to the latest on HP's web site, I tried rolling back the drive, I tried deleting it, etc., etc.. No dice. What worked for me was removing the device from device manager while deleting the 2015 driver, refreshing, removing the next device from device manager while choosing to delete the 2014 driver, refreshing, then forcing the driver to go to "USB Video Device". After it installed that, it appeared again as "HP HD Webcam [Fixed]" however the driver reported as being one from 2006 by Microsoft with version 10.0.18362.1. Success! So again, the solution for me was forcing it to a generic "USB Video Device".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.