Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop - 15-ef1003ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was told by HP Tech support to buy HP USB-C Dock G5 so I can extend two monitors from my laptop. One from the HMDI port to one of the monitors, and the USB-3 port connected to the USB-C Dock G5 and connect the other monitor to it. However, when I plug into the USB-3 port, the laptop gave a notification of "Display connection might be limited" error. I called HP tech support again, and they now said the USB-3 port is actually intended for data transfer and connecting to a phone, and not to connect to a monitor.  They offered to transfer me to another department that could suggest a workaround, but I would have to pay for that service!! Wow! 

So, just wondering if anyone has any idea of a workaround? Else, I will return this Dock.

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HI@Webdummy, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The docking station referred is a commercial model & the unit is a consumer segment. The said combination is not tested by HP. So, the functionality is not guaranteed.

Keep me posted!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.