Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP EliteBook 840 G6 purchased in 2019. I currently have an issue with my trackpad mouse with the 2020 Drivers. Whenever I try to use my trackpad, the cursor shoots immediately to the top of the screen and will only jump side to side at the very top of the screen. This issue only began occurring about a week ago.

My mouse works perfectly fine with a wireless mouse, the only problem is with the trackpad. Using a 2019 driver, the mouse works but it is slow to the point where it can't be usable and the wireless mouse remains at the same speed. I also cannot two-touch scroll with the trackpad with the 2019 driver. 

I have tried using the trackpad without a wireless mouse plugged in, updating the drivers, downloading drivers from the HP website, uninstalling the device and reinstalling it from device manager, uninstalling the device and deleting all drivers and then rebooting the computer with the drivers window automatically reinstalls, reinstalling the latest driver from the HP website after this, and none of these things have fixed the issue. I also cannot find anyone else with the same problem.

To reinstate, my trackpad caused my mouse to move to the top of the screen with the 2020 drivers, it can work with a 2019 driver but it is slow and missing the scrolling capabilities but nothing else I have tried has been able to fix it.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

System devices-

Intel(R) LPSS:  I2C Controller #0 - 9DE8 and #1 - 9DE9 

change both drivers: update driver - from computer - list - change them to Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller 

JS

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

System devices-

Intel(R) LPSS:  I2C Controller #0 - 9DE8 and #1 - 9DE9 

change both drivers: update driver - from computer - list - change them to Intel(R) Serial IO I2C Host Controller 

JS

HP Recommended

I have no clue how you figured this out but it worked! I did not have this driver pre-installed on my laptop but I was able to download it and now my trackpad works perfectly.

Thanks so much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.