Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp omen ce030tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I hope you are doing well. 

I am using HP OMEN 15-CE030tx.

1- When I connect monitor to miniDP port it says that video adapter is Nvidia.

Also when I connect external monitor to HDMI port it also says Nvidia.

But when I connect any monitor to USB Type C it says that Video Adapter is Intel.

I was expecting that all ports were Nvidia ?

2- I have issue in getting 4k @60 hz on HDMI port. 4k@30hz works fine but when I switch to 60 hz green lines appears and display flickers a lot.

I have tested monitor with other devices and it works fine there 4k@60hz.

Looking Forward

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@engrkhawaja1,

Thanks for writing back to us.

As I mentioned in the previous post, you need to use HDMI 2.0 cable to get 4k@60Hz.

The cable must be rated as High Speed HDMI or better. HDMI Licensing LLC. has required products to be labeled with Cable Name Logos. Packaging will also indicate the cable type.

Disconnect any video adapters/converters/hub and use a straight HDMI 2.0 connection.

Hope this answers your query!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey there! @engrkhawaja1,

I have checked the specifications of the PC and NVIDIA card has two ports DP 1.43 and HDMI 2.0b the Mini DP port is using the onboard graphics card.

Refer the NVIDIA graphics card specifications page for more information. Click Here

Next, the graphics card and it supports a maximum resolution of 7680x4320@60Hz (4K UHD). So the graphics card does support 4K resolutions with 60Hz.

However, The monitor you connecting to the PC to should support 4K with 60Hz Resolution, only then you can watch 4K videos on the monitor.

Also, you need to use an HDMI 2.0 cable to watch 4K with 60Hz resolution.

HDMI High Speed was introduced with 4k in mind. All HDMI cables that carry the HDMI High-Speed Logo do support the HDMI 2.0 Standard and can transmit ultra high resolutions with 2160p @ 24 Hz (=4k).

Full 4K support was introduced with HDMI version 1.4. However, you can only be sure with cables certified as "High Speed" to support the high bandwidth requirements of HDMI 2.0. Cables classified Version 1.3 mostly don't work for HDMI 4K functionality. The following list will give you a rough orientation.

• HDMI cable 1.0 – 1.2 – no 4K Ultra HD support
  • HDMI cable 1.3: Probably no 4K support depending on the cable
  • HDMI cable 1.4: 4K support very likely, but not guaranteed
  • HDMI High Speed Cable: 4K Ultra HD support guaranteed

Refer the graphics card specifications page for more information. Click Here

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for response.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UK600-W-4k-uhd-led-monitor

This is monitor I have, it works fine on displayport but not on HDMI.

I tested with several cables also the cable came along with the monitor.

HP Recommended

@engrkhawaja1,

As I mentioned in the previous post, you need to use HDMI 2.0 cable to get 4k@60Hz.

The cable must be rated as High Speed HDMI or better. HDMI Licensing LLC. has required products to be labeled with Cable Name Logos. Packaging will also indicate the cable type.

Disconnect any video adapters/converters/hub and use a straight HDMI 2.0 connection.

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@a4apollo

Thanks for prompt response. The cable came with monitor has written High Speed HDMI so its for sure HDMI2.0 cable.

I have another device which has HDMI 2.0 port and it works without any issue at 4K @60hz.

But when I connect to laptop it shows green lines and flickering.

HP Recommended

Hi! @engrkhawaja1,

Try updating the BIOS and graphics drivers on the PC to the latest version and check if it helps.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the graphics driver using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I updated the driver and issue was still there, I check monitor settings, there is hdmi ultra hd deep color in LG Monitors/TV which was enable, when I disabled it, now it is working fine.

Without hdmi ultra hd deep color it works fine with HDMI 2.0 cable.

I request if you can research about hdmi ultra hd deep color and give your suggestion.

Thanks for help. I appreciate it.

HP Recommended

@engrkhawaja1

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.