Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I started using my HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC again a few months ago. I bought The Witcher 3 through Steam and I’m having some lagging issues. I want to be able to play the game on my PC without seeing Geralt move as slow as a snail. I also don’t want to set my game’s graphics too low. Should I adjust the graphics + post processing in the game or just adjust the settings on my notebook pc?

Here are my specs:

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Graphic card (GPU): AMD Radeon

HD 8400 / R3 Series

Processor: AMD A6-5200 APU with Radeon(TM) HD Graphics  2.00 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

System: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Resolution: 1366 x 768

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@bMercury 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c04027679

Definitely it is not a games machine and not suitable for online game. Its iGPU is weak, its CPU and its HDD are slow. Your network/internet may be ok but your machine is not.

I would only play LOWER end games offline using this machine

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@bMercury 

What EXACTLY is your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC ? Do you know the speed of your internet ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Product is HP Pavilion 15-n208nr Notebook PC (Energy Star). Under Wi-fi properties it says that Link speed (receive/transmit) is 600/72 (Mbps)

HP Recommended

@bMercury 

The specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/hk-en/document/c04027679

Definitely it is not a games machine and not suitable for online game. Its iGPU is weak, its CPU and its HDD are slow. Your network/internet may be ok but your machine is not.

I would only play LOWER end games offline using this machine

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.