Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2080se
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I am using an HP Pavilion g6-2080se notebook, and it has two graphics cards. i'm using Windows 7 64 bit. The integrated graphics card (Intel HD Graphics 4000) is working perfectly normal, while the other one, the Radeon HD 7670M, doesn't work and displays this error "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I tried using the official drivers from the HP website and other from the Radeon website, they both do not seem to work. After searching for a solution even more I found this archived thread that seems to have a solution, https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Archive-Read-Only/HP-Pavilion-G6-Radeon-graphics-card-issue/... , but the links in that thread don't seem to work.

If anyone has an alternative link or a different solution to my problem, I would really appreciate that. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It seems that the driver specific for my notebook is working, as in there is no error code displayed when I installed the new drivers. but for some odd reason, the graphics card does not show up when I try to play games. In addition, trying to launch the AMD Catalyst control center does not seem to work.

Any solutions as to how I can get the graphics card to work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.