Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
I've done everything mention here and there.
From downgrading BIOS to installing different graphic or audio drivers.
When in Ubuntu - picture comes straight away, in Windows 7 64bit newer.
How to check if it has switchable graphic or not?
My product number is B3D55EA.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @mazak,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi Mazak,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g7-1358sa Notebook and needing help with switchable graphics. Here is a link to drivers page. It shows me that you do have switchable graphics. I recommend uninstalling the drivers and then going to the link to install the latest right from HP.  Here is a link to the Hp driver page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Unfortunetly there is a problem:error.png

HP Recommended

I cannot see with spec that my laptop has 2 graphic cards:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03272535

HP Recommended

Hi

Here is a link to your  drivers for both graphic cards.

Please uninstall what is in your graphics drivers list or in device manager. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I know, I've been many times there. Also after removing old drivers tried to install each of them. The thing is, that even if there are not any drivers - Device Manager see only one graphic adapter - VGA standard graphic card.
Is that OK?
When that AMD card should appear - switch on?
Only when some power plan is applied ?
What else from HP software is essential to see AMD card?
HP Recommended

Hi Mazak,

I would need the serial number. Please review the the HP Privacy Statement . Then send it to me in a private message.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Just sent it to you as a private message.

HP Recommended

Hi Mazak,

I would uninstall what you have listed in the device manager under graphics. Restart the computer. Tell me what is there after the restart?

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

vga.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.