Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-cx0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

It is a known issue with many HP high end laptops like Envy that the the layer of touch pad which is there for smoothness and functionality is coming off on its own. This makes the touch pad bumpy and hard to use. It has rendered the middle part of the touch pad as non-functional and the spot has practically rendered the whole touch pad unusable and wireless mouse needs to be used for navigation.

I had complained about the same to your toll free number as my device is in warranty. After a delay of 2 weeks the elevation desk sent an engineer to my home as my device is covered in onsite warranty. The engineer who visited refused to replace the defective touch pad calling it to be a result of "depreciation" in the Service call report which he left to me. He even refused to communicate the issue to the service center or supervisor as he said the same is not covered under warranty. I had sent the images of the touch pad to the elevation desk which i am also attaching herewith. The coming off of the coating is not at all result of depreciation but a manufacturing defect seen in many units of HP. My laptop costed me around 88,000 rupees, in such a premium price range you cannot expect the coating of the touchpad coming off in normal usage. I use my laptop 2-3 hours a day and almost every time with wireless mouse. The use of touch pad is minimum, then also the layer has started to come off.

I vehemently request HP to replace my touch pad under warranty, failing to which i would be left with no options other than taking legal recourse and approaching Consumer Redressal Forum under Consumer Protection Act, 1986. I have undergone substantial mental harassment and loss of time even after spending so much money. Attaching the photographs and a snapshot of system information. My case id is - [edited]

Service call report.jpg

Edit- My laptop had other issues related to the the loose hinges of screen and automatic display turn off beside this touchpad issue which were accepted by the engineer except the touch pad issue and he has already ordered replacement parts from HP which according to him another engineer will come and replace in around a week.  Attaching a scanned image of the service call report.

Touchpad issue pic 1.jpgTouchpad issue pic 2.jpgTouchpad issue pic 3.jpgScreenshot (59).png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DevanshuAnada

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.